Friday, February 19, 2010

tweet! tweet!

.
.
.
I was going to write a post about Twitter, but I forgot what I was going to say.
.
.
Hang on just a sec...
.
.
.
aha! found it!

The news talks about Twitter like it's the root of all evil/teenage angst/global warming.
Here's a newsflash, guys:
the only people who use twitter are adults!
How may high schoolers do you know with a Twitter?
I'll wait while you count.
.
.
.
Zero, huh?
No way!
Me too!
What an interesting little kawinky-dink we have here!

Still not convinced?
Let's look at who gets in trouble using Twitter.

- politicians
- celebrities
- bank robbers who tweet about robbing a bank
- jurors with a gag order tweeting about the trial

noticing a theme here?
all seemingly responsible adults.
*shakes head*
I can only hope i'm more sensitive to the fact that ANYONE CAN READ YOUR POSTS ONLINE.
.
.
.
Speaking of which...

hello, random stranger who has stumbled upon my blog!
perhaps you were searching for a) something exciting to read, or you thought b) this was a good source for your 5 page report due Monday, or you're c) just a creeper from my school who is hoping that you can smell me through the monitor.

( if you're c, please, GO AWAY!)
(right now I smell like green tea, for all my creeper friends out there.)
( on second thought, I probably shouldn't be encouraging these disturbing habits. forget I said that.)

don't be a stranger! Leave a comment!

EDIT: and thus, I have been proven wrong. Thanks to Greased Lightnin'.
----------------------------------------------

"The only thing better than eating chocolate is eating chocolate with your cat on your lap. Except if your cat tries to eat the chocolate... you know what? forget I said anything."

- no clue. If you know, post!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I know quite a few people with Twitter accounts.
    Like, 8, and that's only the people I've asked.
    http://twitter.com/CappySmith
    That is part of a character collective cult i'm in.
    It's a roleplay thing.
    But high schoolers do tweet.
    They just prefer to facebook.

    Green tea is gooooooood.

    ReplyDelete