Thursday, April 8, 2010

WICKED on tour... a review.

well.

MICHELLE LONDON IS OFFICIALLY MY NEW HOMEGIRL.
(besides all of you, that is.)

so! Review time!
....
The auditorium was, to be honest, not quite up to the standard I had expected. The house didn't open until almost 15 minutes before curtain, the acoustics were off, and you could hear the rain pounding on the roof during quiet moments.
(speaking of which, what the heck happened to sunshine and 80 degrees? There was SNOW on my roof this morning.)

besides that, however, the show was fabulous.

Vicki Noon as Elphaba was good casting, though there were times when she stepped out of character, and was like, "SQUEE! I've finally been promoted from standby!". She has some seriously INSANE pipes, however. She handled the more lighthearted side of Elphaba well, which made the character more fun, as opposed to a Carmen Cusack type (who was still cool!), who placed more emphasis on the "woe is me/ sarcasm" side of Elphie.

That was a long sentence.

Natalie Daradich a lovely G(a)linda, though you could tell she'd been trolling YouTube, watching other actresses' performances. She did add several unique things to the character, though including some "magical wiggling" (AKA grinding with Elphie during "Popular". Which was hilarious.)

Chris Peluso as Fiyero... meh. He looked to much like Jim Carrey to pull off the whole swankified hunk thing, in my opinion. Plus his hair was weird. He did some nice work during the second act, though.

Everyone else was great, except

MICHELLE LONDON!
She was super cool!
And super awesome!
(she played Nessa.)
I has a picture with her!
I TOUCHED HER COSTUME!
IT WAS SHINY AND STUFF!

I was sorely tempted to rip her sparkly shoes off, cackle, and run away.

But, alas, I did not.


..............
So, if you get a chance to see Wicked while it's nearby, GO!
I WAS CLOSE ENOUGH TO MICHELLE LONDON TO SPIT ON HER!
( I didn't! Don't worry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment